Kia ora te whanau o te Kotuku The Law of the Garbage Truck One day…
Kia ora te whanau o te Kotuku
We farewelled our senior students today ahead of NCEA exams starting Monday. For our Year 13 students it has been five years like no other for them. Their first year of NCEA was COVID disrupted as was year 12 and now they are sitting external exams for the first time. No doubt this is daunting, but I encourage them to focus on the process and not stress about the result.
Its one exam at a time. It’s not easy taking my problems one at a time when they refuse to get in line would seem to be a good analogy for the last three years for many of our rangatahi. I can only express my admiration for the way they have done their best to navigate their way through previously unchartered waters. I believe that they have displayed courage in meeting the difficulties that have presented themselves. There are two ways of facing up to difficulty, you alter the difficulties, or you alter yourself to meet them. Much has been learned so trust your future self that whatever comes your way you have the ability and the resilience to meet the challenges with a can-do attitude.
I invite you to remember that opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don’t recognize them. You are today where your thoughts have brought you and I hope that Rutherford has helped you on that journey to date. Tomorrow you will be where your thoughts take you. As you leave the nest today continue to live life with taku ngakau titoki, taku ngakau kotuku, the strongest of hearts, the heart of a kotuku.
- 9 November – we welcome new Deputy Principal, Brendan Curran to the team. Brendan is replacing Ms Cornforth who left in August. Brendan is a local and has spent many years working at Massey High School.
- We have two Teacher Only Days coming up. The first is Monday 21 November and the last one for the year is Friday 2 December. These days are put aside for the NCEA Accord work in preparation for next year and beyond.
- Wider Living Week is 5 and 6 December
- Senior Prizegiving is 8 December
- Junior Prizegiving is 9 December – and this is the last day of the year.