Kia ora te whanau o te Kotuku I will be on sabbatical leave from today…
School Closed until 7 February
Kia ora Parents and Caregivers
We hope you and your family are keeping safe in the heavy weather.
Although the school is ready to open for instruction tomorrow, we will follow the directive just received from the Secretary of Education to close the school until 7 February.
The Secretary of Education was asked to take this action to minimise traffic on Auckland roads over the next week. This will allow for assessment and remedial work to be started on areas that have encountered slips or flooding. Further bad weather is also expected which will exacerbate an already dire situation.
We are very sorry for any confusion caused by this late announcement and will remain in touch as soon as we have further updates.
Senior staff will be on site to handle any emergency situations. We look forward to welcoming all students back to school 7 February.
In the interim, stay safe and dry and look after each other.
Civil Defence centres have been set up in a number of locations. This link provides information for support (Auckland Council Storm Event)
Some helpful MSD contact numbers:
- Dedicated line for impacted residents
- 0800 400 100 (lines are open today until 5:00pm, Sunday hours are to be determined)
- Urgent accommodation assistance
- 0800 22 22 00
- Accommodation for those who have COVID-19 pathway is still business as usual. Where people have COVID-19 and must leave their homes and cannot be accommodated with other whanau the number to call is Health 021 227 4908
- Manurewa Marae are offering relief accommodation, kai and MSD support. Further information contact Lola Topia 0292005540
Civil Defence Centres ( as of 28 January 2023)
Those who need to evacuate and cannot stay with friends or whānau can go to a Civil Defence Centre.
- West: St Leonards Road School, 15 Saint Leonards Road, Kelston
- North: Massey University Albany Campus, Sir Neil Walters Lecture Theatre, Massey University East Precinct, Albany Expressway SH17
- South: Mana Tukutuku, 32 Riverton Drive, Randwick Park