Kia ora te whanau o te Kotuku Throughout the journey, from a fledging kotuku through…
The upgrade of the two Science labs is progressing well and should be finished in six weeks. We are being conservative and preparing for them to be fully operational for the start of term 2.
Another 0f the Science teaching spaces Room 50 has also had an upgrade finished over the school break including the installation of new furnware ergonomic furniture.
Furniture upgrade in S7 into a flexible learning space including furnware ergonomic furniture.
Fencing to complete the demolition process of O, M and P blocks. Balustrade fencing is to be installed in the next couple of weeks along the retaining wall. The plan is to landscape this area with a combination of vegetable gardens and citrus plants as we look to develop horticulture at Rutherford.
Priorities for 2018 into 2019 are:
- Staff and Admin toilet upgrades, term 1 holidays
- C and D Block students toilets, term 1 holidays.
- Plan for upgrade of Eastern side of D Block, area closest to the Primary school.
- Tidying up of entrance way off Kotuku Street both from a H&S standpoint and Aesthetic along the fenceline to the school house.
- Pursue rationalisation funding from a separate pool of MOE funding for the demolition of the Old Library. Start community consultation process for building of new admin block in that space. Board driven.