At Rutherford College we provide a professional careers services and have a well resourced careers centre which is available to all students from Year 9 through to Year 13.
Career education and guidance is an essential part of preparing students for their future and our department supports students to make informed choices about their future career pathways. Supporting learners to make informed choices about subjects and pathways can make them more engaged in education and more motivated about the future. Helping young people learn to make decisions and take responsibility for the future direction of their lives is important. It’s not just one person’s responsibility. It’s a collective effort in which schools, parents, families and communities all work together. We also maintain and develop relationships with industry and tertiary providers.
Some of the services we offer to students include:
- Career education programmes (Year 9 – 13)
- Individual or group career interviews (parents are welcome to attend) and help with subject selection
- Student assistance when transitioning from school to work or training
- Preparating for applications to Universities or Polytechnics
- Tertiary scholarship advice
- Arranging lunch time speakers from universities and other course providers to advise students about current programmes and information
- Co-ordinating visits to open days, trips and activities
- Organising events such as the Beyond School Evening, Workchoice Day and Careers Expo (held in Term 2 each year)
- Co-ordinating specialist programmes for Maori and Pasifika from outside providers
- StudyLink and IRD information
- CV writing and interview skills
- Advertisement of part/full time work available
- Facilitate Learner Drivers Licence courses & Spirit of NZ voyages
- Support for adult students
This message is only visible to admins:
Problem displaying Facebook posts. Backup cache in use.