Dance courses are suitable for both male and female students of all backgrounds and prior experience. Dance provides excellent opportunities for success for students of all abilities.
Dance at Rutherford College is offered to all students from Year 9 through to year 13. In the senior school, students are able to gain credits towards NCEA Level 1,2 and 3. Dance is a university entrance approved subject.
During the five years of Dance study at Rutherford college students will:
- Develop concepts and produce significant dance works
- Manipulate and use a variety of production technologies to enhance choreography
- View and critically analyse a variety of dance performances
- Develop performance and technique skills
- Have opportunities to reach high standards of public performance
- Extend knowledge of the development of dance in all its forms in Aotearoa
|Miss P Exeter||Teacher in Charge – Dance|