The Drama course that is offered at Rutherford College can be taken at all levels and is a recognised subject for University Entrance. Drama engages the creative mind which helps to develop self-awareness, confidence and management skills. Students will learn how to explore, investigate different ideas and conflicts, develop their personal acting techniques and prepare for live performances.
The Drama Department explores the following:
- Interpreting and engaging with Drama texts.
- Participating and contributing in collaborative processes.
- Building on their practical knowledge of creating character through Drama techniques.
- Creating their own devised performances.
- Developing their knowledge of the elements of Drama.
- Preparing a role to perform at a professional level to a live audience.
- Viewing live theatre and establishing their own ideas for NCEA exams.
- Understanding theatre form in context of New Zealand and the World.
Problem displaying Facebook posts.