Kia ora te whanau o te kotuku Seeing the Big Picture - The Why Sometimes…
Kia ora te whanau o te kotuku
I don’t believe there is any doubt that this has been a tough term and I would like to thank and congratulate our students and staff who have done so well, despite the extreme challenge of COVID, some horrible flu’s and trying to re-establish a return to normal schooling this year in a setting that is in no way normal. So I suggest that we take the positives;
- The hosting and running of a Ki-o Rahi tournament attended by more than 250 competitors.
- The outstanding art exhibition.
- The performing arts showcase evenings. Amazing
- The school ball
- International Languages Week
- Successfully running the first Digital NCEA Literacy and Numeracy Assessment exams as one of the pilot schools.
- A full term of winter sport.
- This one may sound a bit strange, but there is relief that we have been able to stay open for the whole term.
- The manner with which an increasing number of students are displaying respect for the kotuku with their words, deeds and actions.
Schools thrive on rituals and the chance to celebrate and enjoy what goes on in schools and enjoy it alongside whanau having the chance to be part of their rangatahi’s journey. Without these moments the sense of connectivity and belonging that are critical to the wairua here at Rutherford are missing. Slowly but surely the vibe and the wairua that we once took for granted and are so proud of will continue to find their way back in to our tikanga our unique Rutherford culture. Our students have missed out on these opportunities for too long. Whatever we can do safely to bring these things back will strengthen and enhance the good stuff that provides the backbone and foundation to who we are and what we believe is important in the journey for each of our individual kotuku flock.
The ball photos will be available for viewing and purchasing online from https://www.fotonz.com/
Michael Smith Photography
Rutherford Preschool (located in the grounds of Rutherford College)
If you are looking for a welcoming, friendly and fun place for your children to have a great learning adventure, Rutherford Preschool is the place to be. We have some vacancies available now in rūma Tuakana : 2-6 years. We are open Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm. Closed for the first week of the school holidays. If you would like to visit or more information please feel free to contact Susan or Julie (09) 8348844 or 021 02551729. Email [email protected] Website: https://rutherfordpreschool.nz.
Have a great holiday everyone.