Dear Parents and Caregivers I hope you and your family have remained safe and dry…
W.I.N What’s Important Now?
There are a number of habits of highly effective and happy people that require zero talent and they include;
- being on time
- being prepared
- giving things energy and effort
- having a positive attitude including your body language and words
In life there are things we can control and things we can’t, the things above are all in your control to help make positive steps forward. You will have more chance of being able to control these things if you look after yourself. So, please drink water, eat fruit and vegetables, exercise and plan for what needs to be done to achieve this. Look after yourself, get enough sleep, turn off blue screens half an hour before sleeping to get the type of deep sleep your body needs.
PERFECT IS NOT ALWAYS BEST
An old Chinese woman had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a stick which she carried across her neck when she went to collect water from the river. One of the pots had a crack in it while the other post was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water. At the end of the long walk from the river to the house, the cracked pot arrived only half full. Every day the woman brought home only one and a half pots of water.
Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments. But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection and miserable that it could only do half of what it was supposed to do.
After years of what it perceived to be bitter failure, the cracked pot spoke sadly to the old woman.
“I am ashamed of myself because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your house.”
The old woman smiled and asked, “Did you notice that there are flowers on your side of the path, but not on the other pot’s side? That’s because I have always known about your flaw, so I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back, you water them. For years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate my house. Without you being just the way you are, I would not have this beauty in my life.”
Each of us has our own unique flaws. But it’s the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives together so interesting and rewarding.
Please remember to appreciate yourself for the things that make you the unique and special individual you are. Also, remember to take each person for what they are and look for the beauty in them. Enjoy every day and remember to smell the flowers, on your side of the path.
Winter Sport and attitude to the sport generally.
The winter code will be getting underway for some of our top teams this week and weekend and for most others in week 2. I would like to remind you all of the values we all hold to be important within College Sports competitions. Every student, coach, manager, and supporter has a responsibility to uphold the spirit of fair play and sportsmanship in any College Sport competition. Schools are responsible for providing a safe environment for College Sports matches and events in which all individuals are treated with respect.
As a student I will:
- Enjoy playing sport, have fun and partake in healthy competition
- Turn up on time
- Respect all officials, teammates, coaches, supporters, and opponents
- Play by the rules of my sport at all times
- Wear the appropriate attire for my sport
- Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat. Treat them just the same as the next starting point
- Represent my school with the utmost pride, dignity, integrity, and loyalty.
As a coach/manager I will:
- Enjoy being involved in sport
- Respect all officials, colleagues, coaches, players, supporters, and opponents
- Place the safety and welfare of my players/athletes before anything else
- Be a positive role model at all times for my players/athletes.
As a supporter I will:
- Respect all officials, players, coaches, supporters, and opponents
- Not enter the field of play, unless requested to do so by an official
- not be questioning the decisions of coaches and officials
- Take time to thank the coach and all volunteers who are giving others a chance to participate in a positive activity
- Display a positive attitude at every game and be a role model for others.