This is the last Panui for Term 2, it has been a very busy term with lots of things happening.
Ten highlights from this term are:
- Te Atatu ANZAC Parade.
- Room 56+57 Science Lab refurbishment completed and opened.
- Top Scholars Award Ceremony in Wellington with Liana Sabetian, First in Dance 2017.
- Visit of Minnijean Brown and Clarence Lusane.
- Orchestra performance at Te Atatu Library.
- Year 9 Camp.
- Year 12 & 13 production.
- L.W positivity and involvement of student body.
- Kapa Haka Nationals Competition in Palmerston North.
- The School Ball!
This break is vital to students, it sits in between two busy terms and provides a moment to reassess workload and prioritise for the term ahead. This is the last holiday until you finish NCEA because next break you will have received the feedback from your External; practice assessments and upon return to school in Term 4 there will be 3 weeks before senior prizegiving and study leave for externals.
My advice to you all is to enjoy a good break now and complete the must do’s and some could do’s but make sure that one of the main things is that you get some time out. The other is plan the rest of the year putting due dates for assessments on a planner. The run in from the start of next term requires energy and planning and that is where you should put some of your time in the holidays. Try and guarantee at least one full week off to rest and refuel.
Looking forward to seeing you back next term, well rested and ready for What’s Important Now!