Dear Parents and Caregivers I hope you and your family have remained safe and dry…
Rutherford College is a community where striving for personal excellence is the focus. The following students have achieved this through their work ethic and success in either University papers as part of the Young Scholars Programme or in the Australian Big Science Competition.
Congratulations to the following five Year 13 students who successfully completed university papers this year, all with A grades;
- Alex Lasenby an A+ in Computer Programming at the University of Auckland.
- Gabriel Lisaca an A+ in Computer Programming at the University of Auckland.
- Stefan Zdravkovic an A in Accelerated Maths at the University of Auckland (one percentage point away from an A+).
- Tayla-Lee Bainbridge an A in International Relations at Waikato University.
- Amanda Cooper an A- in International Relations at Waikato University.
The Big Science competition is an online one-hour test, for year 9-11 students. Most students gained Participation or Credit certificates and enjoyed the challenging nature of the questions. Our top results are very impressive, our congratulations to the following students;
- High Distinction for Oliver Gracewood and Eddie Schaufelberger
- Distinction for Tony Schaufelberger and Klara Dostalikova
- Distinction for Zachary Thompson
The next opportunity for our students seeking academic challenge outside of the normal curriculum will be the ICAS exams coming up later this term. These are held in September. Entries will be called for soon from Mrs Butler-Shaw.