Rutherford College is on the look out for a Workshop Technician to help out in our Technology Department. The position is permanent part time (10 hours per week during school term time) and will involve working with hard materials (wood and metal). Some work during the school holidays may be necessary but advance notice will be given. The days and hours of work can be negotiated for the right candidate and an immediate start would be ideal.
- Health & Safety, risk management, cleaning and maintenance of PPE equipment
- Scheduled machine maintenance and sharpening/cleaning of tools
- Machine and tool repairs
- Ordering, managing outgoing & incoming materials/consumables
- Assist teachers with materials and machine preparation for classes
Our ideal candidates will have the following skills:
- Technical knowledge and practical workshop skills
- A strong health and safety focus
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Organisational and planning skills, including the ability to meet deadlines
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Please note that this position will require you to be police vetted.
All applications can be sent to [email protected]. A position description is available upon request.
Applications close Friday 01 July at 3.00pm.